Since launching, we’ve seen Instagram spread from our headquarters in the Bay Area to every corner of the globe. In this series, Spotlight, we’ll highlight top users from countries and cities with thriving Instagram communities.
The city of Melbourne—Victoria’s capital and the second most populous city in Australia—was deemed the most livable city in the world two years in a row, causing a plethora of artists to move into the city’s limits. Due to the ever-changing skyline’s modern, cutting-edge designs and its diverse, historical architecture there is never a shortage of photographic inspiration.
Want to view Melbourne from an insider’s perspective? We put together a list of some amazing Instagrammers from in and around the city.
- Kamil Sharaidin, Malaysian architect and photographer living in Melbourne— @kamilsharaidin
- Farrah Allan, wedding photographer — @farrahallan
- Stephanie Stamatis, stylist and designer with an affinity for rustic greenery — @stephanie_somebody
- Cleo Coppinger, model and photographer documenting her day-to-day adventures — @cleocoppinger
To explore the city in depth, you can also browse the location pages for some of Melbourne’s more popular landmarks:
- The Arts Center, known for its easily recognizable and iconic spire
- Federation Square, a civic center and structure with unique and beautiful architecture
- Eureka Skydeck 88, the highest public vantage point—285 meters (935 feet)—in the southern hemisphere.
- Melbourne Cricket Ground, the tenth-largest stadium in the world, the largest in Australia, and the largest stadium for playing cricket.